Dr. Linda Karges-Bone brings 30 years of experience as a teacher, professor, author, evaluator, grant-writer, consultant, and media host to the work of Education InSite. If your school district, non-profit, educational, or family-service organization needs insight in the form of professional development, grant writing, training, program or grant evaluation, strategic planning, media, or a motivating keynote for a conference, Dr. Karges-Bone may be the right person to bring in site!
With a background and teacher certification in special education, early childhood education, and elementary education, as well as secondary school English, Dr. Karges-Bone has insight to curriculum, instruction, and assessment across all grade levels and learning needs. A successful teaching career in public and private schools, combined with 20 years as a respected, tenured faculty member at an NCATE accredited university in South Carolina, and an earned doctorate from the University of South Carolina in Curriculum and Instruction give Dr. Karges-Bone a wealth of experience that transform your education site.
The Brain 101 Institute: "Four days are filled with building educators’ informational foundation, accompanied by instructional strategies that are applicable to the classroom learning cycle.
Dr. Bone uses her formula of Schema, Practice, and Focus (SPF) to assist educators in honing their own professional delivery. She provides triangulated research and
up to date data pertinent to the subject of the brain. Participants are made aware of the variety of challenges which inhibit and influence students’ metacognition.
This, in turn, determines the various forms of meaningful application and assessments vital to an educators’ toolbox utilized in the classroom. The Brain Institute lends
itself to teachers providing insight in guiding parents concerning their child’s learning processes. As the 4 days evolve, educators will have revelations as to how to best
serve their community of learners." Grace Backstrom, Coach and Participant
Watch the Video!
March 6-8, 2013:
SCASL Conference (http://scasl.net/scasl-conference/
April 24, 2013 (Great Falls, MT):
Montana Title I Conference (http://opi.mt.gov/Programs/TitlePrgms/TItleIA/TitleIA.html#gpm1_9
What can Dr. Karges-Bone and Education InSite do for you?
- Assist with grant writing, proposal review and development, or finding grant funds.Dr. Karges-Bone has personally written, designed, or assisted educational and human service provider in acquiring over $20 million dollars worth of grant funds from federal, state, or private sources.
- Serve as external evaluator of grants. With IRB certification, Dr. Karges-Bone has done significant work as an external evaluator of federal projects for Departments of Education, NSF, Labor, and Health and Human Services.
- Support your college or university in pursuit of NCATE accreditation. Dr. Karges-Bone has a strong track record with ACEI and NAEYC program development and key assessments. She can bring a team together and design an assessment plan that will make accreditation productive and straight forward.
- Provide staff development and training in the areas of curriculum design, standards-alignment, school reform and leadership, assessment, gender-based teaching and learning, differentiated instruction and assessment, learning styles, faculty-staff motivation and coherence, and lesson planning to raise test scores. ( See media clip from Dr. Bone's new Lesson Planning 101 DVD set.
- Create newsletters and other media to support grant writing, professional development, and curriculum coherence. ( See sample grant newsletter)
- Deliver powerful, persuasive keynote addresses for state, national, and local events including conferences, dinners, award banquets, school year "kick off" events, retreats, and motivational sessions.
- Bring cutting edge research and application of Brain 101 and "Pink and Blue" single-gender material to your school, district, or state. Known for her best-selling books in the area of cognitive science and gender applied to teaching and learning, Dr. Karges-Bone has brought the powerful messages of brain and gender based teaching to thousands of educators and parents. She can help you to create brain-based and single-gender initiatives that are easily fundable with grants! ( See Pink and Blue Brain)
- See the Contact Form on the menu to set up a phone conference or receive a personalized quote
Dr. Bone's New Book is Available!!
Seven Signatures of Highly Successful Schools
As a consultant, Dr. Bone typically visits highly successful sites or those who are on “the endangered species list”, in desperate need of support. Curiously, she has found 7 particular “signatures” always written clearly in the culture of the top sites and sadly missing in the failing sites. Find out the secrets and begin to write a new story in your school culture.
Schedule a Grant Writing "Webinar" for your District
Contact: www.oci-sems.com ( Jim Lau)
Summerville resident Dr. Linda Karges-Bone writes that children can more effectively learn when in the presence of the color green, while listening to classical music or after catching a whiff of cinnamon. Karges-Bone, a professor of education at Charleston Southern University, has written more than 20 teacher and parenting texts. Her most recent work details steps that parents and teachers can take to better access their own creativity and intelligence as well as that ... READ MORE
Dr. Linda Karges-Bone leads group of 35 educators to Costa Rica [Full Article]
Mandy Ellis and Cheryl Wood of OCPS Office of Professional Development and Dr. Bone at a Spring 2008 workshop in Orlando
Read the article: Dr. Bone Leads Cutting Edge Educational Initiative in the Sunshine State
What kind of fruit are you anyway? Take a FREE Learning Styles Inventory, developed by Dr. Linda Karges-Bone.
Assess your creativity and left or right brain preference with the quizzes inside these articles. There are also strategies for making the most of your brain's capacity and personality.
A Kinder World View
Making the Most of Client Motivation
Dr. Bone's Grant Writing Tips Highlighted in Media!
" Wonderful - - thank you to everyone who took time to work with Dr. Bone yesterday. She has such a creative mind and is so willing to share her talents with us. I am excited about us getting back into applying for some grant opportunities."
-- Dr. Luci Carter, Principal in South Carolina Services
" The Grant Writing session we attended on May 26th, was superb. The speaker, Dr. Linda Karges-Bone, was amazing and she really knew the ins and outs of grant writing. Thanks for allowing us both to attend. Please let us know of any other sessions that are going on that involve non profits and grants."
-- Mrs. Julia G. Long, MA.Ed, Chief Executive Officer PACENI 360 Leadership Services
"I attended your seminar about boys' and girls' learning styles a few years ago at the SC Middle School Conference. I believe that was the most helpful and beneficial seminar that I have attended. I have used the material that you presented many times over to help improve my students' learning."
-- B. Craig Griffith,
Teacher of the Year 2008-2009 Furman Middle School
"I thought I'd send a little note your way letting you know how much I enjoyed both of your morning sessions at the PA Kindergarten Conference. I was so intrigued by the what you had to say about the brain and behavior and the brain and gender, and I was able to get one of the last two CD copies of Pink and Blue. I can't wait to get back to school and share what I've learned with the other teachers in my building! I'm also planning on doing a parent workshop as soon as possible to share some information with them, since so much has to do with what happens at home as well."
-- Melinda Vincent,
PA Kindergarten Conference 2009
"I just wanted to thank you for sharing your wonderful information on Brain Based research. I attended your training here in Orlando a couple of months ago and was very inspired. I spoke to you about feeling burn out this year as many things have been going on over this past year in my personal life that has affected my motivation. I love learning new information and trying new things! A couple of things I have incorporated in the classroom are the use of classical music, colors, and mints. There have been a lot more requirements for paperwork and data this year as well so I have just felt drained. I have been able to get motivation and try to keep focused on caring for and encouraging my students and assistance by using "challenge" and "think about" from the Plan Book for Everyday! I just want to thank you, even though things are still tough for me I feel like you might just understand being that you have done such great research and come up with a great lesson book to help others!"
-- Nancy Fay Rodriguez
" Dr. Karges-Bones' "ABC's Of Cognition and Creativity" was such an eye opener! I found the information both enlightening and affirming. It will help me better serve the children in my class -especially my boys! This training came just in time to start my year off right! Thanks again!"
-- Ms. Bridget L. Gregory
ED/EMD Teaching Assistant
River Oaks Middle School
" Dr. Bone was a hit at the Gurian Summer Training Institute in Colorado Springs. Her presentation style was engaging, enlightening and full of humor. She 'practices' what we preach and keeps her material brain friendly, modeling how we hope adults will engage kids in the classroom and at home."
-- Michael Gurian and Kathy Stevens
The Gurian Institute, Colorado Springs
Authors: The Minds of Boys: Saving Our Sons from Falling Behind in School and Life
" Dr. Karges-Bone has been a favorite speaker at training sessions for Special Education Teachers and Classroom Assistants. Her knowledge of curriculum, instruction, brain research and grant writing is impressive. Her upbeat and entertaining presentation style always garners high evaluations from every audience."
-- Janis S. Anderson
Former Special Education Coordinator for Berkeley County School District
Sample Materials for Teachers
Lesson Planning 101
Take advantage of a unique "on site" opportunity to train your staff using Dr. Karges-Bone's recognized, brain-based lesson planning methods. View a clip from the new DVD training kit featuring Dr. Bone and produced by OCI, a branch of the National Business Institute.
Learn more and watch samples from their DVD